For the Cordaid Country office in Sierra Leone, Cordaid is looking for a Director Country Office
Cordaid started working since three years with own implementation capacity in Sierra Leone. Before that Cordaid was mainly working with local partner organisations. Since the funding landscape has changed Cordaid also in Sierra Leone made the shift from donor to implementer. Health and economic development are the two main themes we are active on in Sierra Leone. Cordaid is supporting the missing middle in private sector development. Cordaid Investments BV is also active in Sierra Leone. In the upcoming period we need to expand our portfolio if possible also regarding other products and services rendered by Cordaid like Security and Justice and Resilience.
Position and responsibility
The Country Director Is responsible for realization of Country Office targets, acts as a legal representative of Cordaid and supervises a staff of 44 members.
Objectives of the posting
- Cooperation benefits: Creates partnerships between governmental institutions, donors, partner organizations and (inter)national non-governmental organizations, taking into account the agreed program results.
- Fund: Interacts with (potential) local/institutional donors, convincingly augmenting the added value of Cordaid so as to acquire funds and ensure the future funding for the program(s) in the designated country/region.
- Business/Action plan: Translates the agreed Country Office targets into a Business/Action Plan for the Country Office, with specific results in designated project areas while securing the connection with the Cordaid strategy.
- Program Management: Keeps track of developments within the projects, manages the activities within the team and makes the necessary adjustments, taking into account the business/action plan, governmental policies, donor policies and related procurement policies.
- Security Management: Assesses security risks in projects and realizes the security of the Cordaid team, consultants and Cordaid visitors, according to the Cordaid Safety First Manual.
- Program Reports: Collects information on progress of programs and reports about the results, specifics and possible deviations following the required reporting standards, providing solutions to minimize the impact of deviations.
- Personnel Management: Leads personnel in accordance with the management style and social policy of Cordaid, focused on productivity, employee development and satisfaction. Ensures efficient use of resources and controls quality of work.
- Minimum Higher Level Degree or Masters Degree in social sciences / development studies, program management, management studies or other related discipline. Additional extensive training in at least one of the areas of Cordaid SL thematic work:- Youth, Health related Performance Based Financing, Adolescent and Sexual Reproductive Health, Data for Health Related Decision Making, Livelihoods, Gender, Peace building and conflict transformation;
- Minimum five years demonstrated working experience in program development, implementation and evaluation; of which two should be at senior management level;
- Demonstrable experience of program management (at least five years) in the INGO sector in a development country (ies);
- Minimum of five years managing personnel;
- Proven track record in developing and implementing development specific strategic plans;
- Proven experience and success in proposal development from concept note to full proposal;
- Experience in innovative strategies of resource mobilization with a proven record in raising meaningful research/development funds;
- Knowledge and experience managing compliance to diverse donors;
- Proven experience as representative of a leading organization in a development country;
- Demonstrable network of contacts and high standing in his/her profession with proven record of building and managing effective partnerships and strategic alliances;
- Experience working with government and public bodies in the development context;
- Strong financial management skills;
- Fluent English writing and verbal skills
Specifics of station
This is an accompanied posting.
The contract period is for 12 months starting as soon as possible, with the intention to extend for a longer period. We offer a Cordaid contract with a competitive salary and a benefit package, a comprehensive insurance cover, social security and pension contribution, a holiday allowance, 13th month, hardship allowance and cost of living allowance (if applicable).
Further information & how to apply
Applications including a motivation letter and extensive CV in English, including the contact details of at least three professional references, should be forwarded on attn. of Remco van der Veen before 31 May 2017.
An assessment might be part of the procedure.
Please note that we accept applications through this website only.