Cordaid believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for a just and sustainable society where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion divide societies, we connect people and communities. We stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders. We make a difference where it is most needed.
Cordaid Investment Management B.V. (CIMBV) is the subsidiary of Stichting Cordaid that manages all investments. CIMBV is an Alternative Investment Fund Manager registered at the Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM). We combine the unique ability to finance partners with grants, equity and debt instruments in selected countries across three continents. We have EUR 80 million of assets under management, predominantly investments in microfinance institutions (MFI’s), small and medium enterprises (SME’s) and funds with a social mission. Over 70 investees are being served worldwide.
Cordaid Investment Management B.V. is looking for a
Risk Manager (32-36 hours per week)
As Risk Manager, you are responsible for the overall risk management of CIMBV:
- Advise the Executive Board of CIMBV on risk management policy and procedures
- Continuously increase risk awareness within the organization amongst others by initiating discussions in the Investment Committees, transferring knowledge about lessons learned and organising internal trainings about risk
- Analyse investment information, assess the financial and legal position of existing and proposed investees
- Advise internal clients on risk investments with the aim of minimizing the Portfolio at Risk
- Make agreements with, and follow up on, investees regarding the restructuring of loans and investments within the set framework
- Keep investees, funding and development in focus, evaluate them and advise the Executive Board of CIMBV about measures to improve risk management in the MIS
- Translate bottlenecks identified in the functioning of partners and in review, allotment and progress of financing programs into information and recommendations for improving effectiveness
- Present an overall risk report analysis per fund for discussion within the CIMBV Executive Board
- Create quarterly reports on C- level
- Occasional travel to investees’ countries
- Knowledge of financial economics on master’s level
- Knowledge of risk management and risk management tools, development problems and financing mechanisms
- Experience with different types of financial instruments and in conducting business economic analysis
- Insight in legal aspects of lending, specifically in the area of financial restructuring
- Minimum 5-years’ experience in risk management within an international financial institution
- Proven ability to negotiate proposals for recovery agreements in negotiation with international partners
- Proven ability to promote internally the adhesion to risk management policies and procedures
- Proven ability to undertake and complete multiple projects and to work efficiently and diligently under pressure
- Detail-oriented and a demonstration of efficient organizational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication in (legal) English, knowledge of the French or Spanish language is a plus
- Strong knowledge/experience of MS Office
What we offer
- A responsible position in an impact investment company
- A varied role in a dynamic team of 20 employees, where initiative is encouraged
- A global organization with a focus on diversity
- Good working conditions
- A gross monthly salary of min € 3771 and max € 5464, depending on education and years of relevant experience
- A position for 1 year to be extended if performance is satisfactory, starting as soon as possible.
If you are interested in this position and you meet all requirements, please send in your application before 15 March with the ‘’apply’’ button on http://www.cordaid.org/en/about-us/working-cordaid/vacancy-overview/, attn. Jan Kees den Bakker, Director HR.
For more information about the position, please contact Laure Wessemius-Chibrac, Managing Director CIMBV, +31(0)703136300. For more information about the contract conditions, please contact Jan Kees den Bakker, Director HR +31(0)703136300.