Cordaid is looking for a
Program manager Private sector development
What you do
As Program manager you contribute to supporting the incubation and acceleration of existing and scalable small and medium enterprises (XSMEs) in fragile settings and facilitating access to the necessary inputs to support their sustainability. Projects under the program are currently implemented in Ethiopia, Sierra Leone, Afghanistan, and roll out to the Democratic Republic of Congo will happen during 2017.
- Conduct qualitative Resilient Business Development Services (RBDS) market assessments
- Finalize the development of scalable RBDS product
- Compile expert roster for specialized business support for XSMEs.
- Ensure the implementation of quality RBDS delivery to XSMEs and monitor outputs. This includes being able and willing to deliver trainings in country.
- Collaborate with the Cordaid RBDS and investment teams in the Cordaid country offices to ensure continuous development and update of the project strategy/methodology, and ensure project implementation is carried out accordingly.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits to provide support when needed to ensure quality implementation.
- Coordinate the implementation of the Bright Future project in Afghanistan, including all regular tasks of a Cordaid program manager.
- Ensure proper documentation, tracking and filing of all program and individual project activities in line with objectives, donor requirements, Cordaid compliance rules and implementation strategy.
Who you are
- You hold a Masters degree in economics, finances or business administration
- You have knowledge of business development services for medium and small enterprises in Africa and/or Asia
- You have extensive experience with employment and support to small and medium sized businesses in fragile contexts preferably in Africa and Asia
- You have knowledge of value chain dynamics
- You have project management skills, including knowledge of effective and result oriented M&E.
- You have good working knowledge of French and English
- You have experience in developing solutions and business cases and implementing those solutions and business cases
- Willingness to travel extensively (at least 50% of work time) to implementation countries (Sierra Leone, Ethiopia, Congo DRC and Afghanistan)
What we offer
- support for your personal and professional development;
- good employment conditions;
- a maximum gross monthly salary up to € 4847,- based on a 36-hour working week and depending on relevant years of experience;
- a holiday allowance of 8% and an end of year allowance of 8,3%;
- a fulltime position (36 hours) initially for one year, with the possibility for extension.
If you are interested in this position and you meet all requirements, please send in your CV and motivation letter for the attention of Edward de Ruiter, Sr HR Advisor before 21 March with the ‘’apply’’ button.
An assessment can be part of the selection procedure.