For the Cordaid Country offices in Ethiopia, South Sudan and Uganda, Cordaid is looking for a Grants Acquisition Manager
Position and responsibility
The Grant Acquisition Manager will support COs to strategically position themselves in the country, creating effective partnerships, analyzing and defining added value/ and transforming opportunities in concrete project proposals linking Cordaid thematic strategies and approaches to institutional donor requirements. Identifying trends and developments and the process of developing and writing high-quality project proposals and publishing materials, highlighting Cordaid’s achievements with Global Office and thematic staff based in the Country Office.
Business Development & Grant Acquisition South Sudan, Ethiopia, Uganda
- Take the lead in identifying and pursuing new funding streams;
- Conduct donor mapping, identify potential allies/partners and competitors for funding opportunities in country;
- Defining added value (USP) and Unique Buying Services;
- Active relationship building with potential donors, and potential allies/partners;
- Organizing attractive/innovative events to position Cordaid;
- Work in liaison with the thematic leads, MEAL officers and Global Office on donor intelligence and community priorities/needs, creating opportunities and positioning of Cordaid funding opportunities;
- Coordinate the process of developing and bid management and writing high-quality project proposals;
- Lead in the research process during the development of new proposals in coordination with related departments to ensure high-quality proposals that meet the requirements of the donors;
- Ensure to follow up and review the entire grant proposal development process, including conceptualization, performing research, producing compelling content, make revisions and submission;
- Monitor the competitive landscape, assess and test new approaches, gather lessons learned and update the countries’ funding strategy;
- Contribute to the development and production of proposals as assigned. May include conducting research for anticipated opportunities, developing draft proposal sections, developing track record references.
- Develop priority donor account plans in line with the funding strategy and ensure participation of technical and program teams in donor engagement for a;
- Lead the process and provide direction in the development of individual donor relations by periodically inviting donors and potential donors to visit Cordaid program areas to get first-hand information on program activities and to explore new opportunities that can be leveraged with the achievements of existing programs;
- Engage donors at strategic level and create/maintain a link and a strong bond between the donors and Cordaid management;
- Monitor, research and carry out regular in-country donor strategy analysis and share findings with Program Managers;
- Ensure donor reporting and compliance requirements are communicated to relevant thematic leads promptly;
- Ensure that donor queries are communicated to relevant team members and addressed timely;
- In collaboration with the Country Director, engages with donors.
Grant Administration Support
- Participate in and support selected technical bid management teams with relevant information;
- Facilitate the training of senior manager in effective donor engagement;
- Support thematic leads in producing high-quality project report;
- Document lessons learned and report findings during program evaluation meetings. Submit recommendations and suggestions to ensure that the best practices are adapted;
- Keep overview and manage the organizational pipeline opportunity system and account related database for South Sudan;
- Attend to other duties as and when directed by the Country Director;
- These duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive;
- Provide support to the 3 COs. throughout the proposal development lifecycle, including but not limited to pre-positioning for new opportunities, managing live proposal, coordinating and submitting responses to questions, coordinating after-action internal reviews and gathering feedback from donors on submitted proposals, support the handover to program managers
- Collaborate with program, CDs and other staff to conceptualise and design proposal for new project activities, amendments/extensions to current projects;
- Build a network of professional business contacts within Cordaid’s industry per country;
- Support & facilitate bid decisions conversations;
- Negotiate and coordinate teaming agreements, memorandum of understanding and other relevant institutional agreements with partners.
- Master’s Degree in International Development, Journalism or related Science.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Proven ability to fundraise;
- At least 3 years’ post qualification experience in a similar role.;
- Proven facilitation, marketing, networking, presentation, negotiation and analytical skills;
- Flexibility to travel (travelling at least 70% of time);
- Ability to cultivate and maintain professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organisation at country level;
- Ability to represent Cordaid and understanding and explaining various thematic areas;
- Prior proposal development experience, preferably as a proposal manager;
- Strong analytical skills and in depth understanding of strategies (ability to link donor priorities and Cordaid strategy);
- Strong planning and time management skills, multi-task & adapt to frequent changing priorities;
- Good conflict resolution skills;
- Strong inter-personal and teambuilding skills.
Specifics of station
This is a non-accompanied posting
The contract period is for 6 months starting as soon as possible, with the intention to extend for a longer period. We offer a competitive, fair and comprehensive salary and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. A Cordaid contract which includes R&R (if applicable), a comprehensive insurance cover, social security and pension contribution, a holiday allowance, 13th month, hardship allowance and cost of living allowance (if applicable).
Further information & how to apply
Applications including a motivation letter and extensive CV in English, including the contact details of at least three professional references, should be forwarded on attn. of mister Remco van der Veen, before 2 April 2019.
An integrity screening will be part of the application procedure.
Please note that we accept applications through this website only.