For the Cordaid Country office in CAR – a fragile and complex setting - Cordaid is looking for a Financial Controller
We work in around 20 countries in Africa, the Middle East and Asia. In 10 of those countries we have programand project offices. Cordaid is optimizing subsidiarity between Global Office and Country Offices. In the shift from grant giving to grant seeking organisation operations in the countries become more and more complex. Consortia with different stakeholders plus a multitude of donors and formats and rules and regulations need to be monitored. Reinforcing the capacity in the offices in view of taking on more responsibilities requires high level qualified senior financial staff willing and able to work in difficult fragile contexts were Cordaid works with own staff.
Position and responsibility
The Financial Controller is responsible for the financial control of the CAR Country Office. The Financial Controller is part of the Finance team and directly line-managed by the Sr Finance Manager, together with the Accountant and 2 Project Controllers. He/she works directly with the Financial Controller at Global Office.
General objective of the posting
The Financial Controller is responsible for the deliverance of the financial control and compliance for the Country Office in the CAR.
Monthly and quarterly reporting
- Makes periodical closing schedules and ensures compliance;
- Ensures the accuracy and consistency of the content of the financial administration in line with the Cordaid procedures and external regulations;
- Prepares and makes internal Country Office reports for management purpose.
- Coordinates the process of annual reports;
- Acts as contact person for external reports;
- Prepares the consolidated and individual financial statements compliant with relevant regulations.
- Ensures an up to date financial administrative process and implements this;
- Oversees cash management;
- Ensures compliance.
- Completes regular financial analyses, identifying financial risks, completing financial research, performing forecasting and advices on the overall financial performance.
- Reviews financial analyses;
- Develops, process and monitors overall financial planning.
- Coordinates the Country Office Annual budgeting;
- Consolidates the individual financial statements;
- Ensures that the financial interest (and sufficientcost recovery) of the Country Office is assured in new proposals.
- University Degree in Financial management;
- At least five years of experience in working with an INGO;
- Experience in Project Management;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong organiser of one’s own work;
- Be diplomatic, culturally sensitive, result-oriented, innovative and a strong team player;
- Computer skills to include a solid working knowledge of Excel, including the usage of complex formulas, proficiency in Dynamics AX will be desirable;
- Work experience in fragile, stressful settings;
- Excellent French and English writing and communication skills.
Specifics of duty station
The Financial Controller will be based in Bangui. Occasional travel to other project areas, security permitting, will occasionally be required. This is a non-accompanied posting.
The contract period is for 6 months starting as soon as possible, with the intention to extend for a longer period. We offer a Cordaid contract with a competitive salary and a benefit package which includes R&R, a comprehensive insurance cover, social security and pension contribution, a holiday allowance, 13th month, hardship allowance and cost of living allowance (if applicable).
Further information & how to apply
Applications including a motivation letter and extensive CV (max 4 pages) in English, including the contact details of at least three professional references, should be forwarded on attn. ofSosthène Hicuburundi before 9 April 2019.
For more information you can contact Monique van Weldam([email protected])
An integrity screening will be part of the application procedure.
Please note that we accept applications through this website only.