Cordaid believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for just and sustainable societies where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion divide societies, we connect people and communities. We stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders. We aim at maximizing our social impact and contributing to systemic change. We operate where natural disasters strike, where conflicts tear up communities and where lack of opportunities and service delivery keep families in extreme poverty.
Cordaid is one of the leading Civil Society Organizations in the Netherlands, working in fragile contexts on Health, Resilience, Economic opportunities, Humanitarian aid and Security & Justice. Cordaid has over 500 staff, working at Global Office in the Netherlands and in offices across the globe. Apart from our work abroad we also contribute to new forms of job creation and social innovation in The Netherlands.
Cordaid is looking for a:
Financial Project Administrator
36 hours per week based in The Hague
What you do
- Designs appropriate financial structure for new projects in the financial administration in consultation with project responsible and project controller.
- Keeps master data for projects including financial aspects of back donor contracts and the project contract up to date in the project administration.
- Enters detailed project budgets in the project administration in line with internal information needs and donor requirements.
- Ensures correct handling of project documents and tasks like contracts, payments, cash requests and partner commitments.
- Ensures financial transactions related to projects are completely, accurately and timely booked on the projects, including financial transactions reported by partner organizations.
- Prepares regularly financial project reports and prepares donor reports including audit files in cooperation with the accounting & reporting officer.
- Identifies differences between the project administration and general ledger and communicates differences to the accounting & reporting officer and proposes solutions.
Who you are
- Degree in Business Economics on intermediate vocational level.
- Knowledge of project administration, bookkeeping and donor requirements.
- Writing skills in English to formulate questions and explanations regarding project administration.
- Open communication and proactive attitude.
What we offer
Cordaid is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors, including a comprehensive insurance cover, social security and pension contribution, holiday allowance, and 13th month. The salary range for this position is set in scale 8 with a gross monthly salary range between € 2339 up to € 3564 based on 36 hours per week. We offer an employment contract for one year with the possibility of an extension.
Further information & how to apply
Applications including a motivation letter and CV in English, including the contact details of references at the last two employers can be uploaded through our website: https://www.cordaid.org/en/vacancies/netherlands/. Your application must be received March 22nd, 2019 at the latest.
Applicants must be nationals of an European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union and reside currently in The Netherlands.
For more information about Cordaid, please visit our website: www.cordaid.org
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.
An integrity screening will be part of the recruitment procedure.