Cordaid believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for a just and sustainable society where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion divide societies, we connect people and communities. We stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders. We make a difference where it is most needed.
Cordaid Investment Management B.V. (CIM) is the subsidiary of Stichting Cordaid that manages all investments. We invest invests in access to finance and decent job creation by providing capital to microfinance institutions (MFIs) and small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the most underserved fragile and emerging economies. With a team of 17, we support over 70 investees worldwide.
Cordaid Investment Management is looking for an
Intern Communication & Content Creation
During this internship you will create content for our website and social media, and support our Communication Officer with various tasks, including the creation of a communication strategy. The content creation may include case studies, news and interviews covering our team, our investments, our partners, our impact themes, and more. You’ll also have the freedom to come up with your own ideas.
- Write case studies about our partners
- Create content for our website and social media
- Interview colleagues and partners for content
- Support with creating communication strategy
- Creating other communication documentation and visuals as needed
- This position is open for students currently enrolled in a relevant degree (e.g. communications, marketing, international development, or business/economics-related);
- Excellent command of spoken and (especially) written English;
- Interest in and affinity with social impact (investing)
- Ability to communicate and collaborate in an international environment
- Being able to work independently
- Affinity with design is a plus
Relevant information for applying
- The internship will start in April and be up to 3-4 months, on a 24/32-hour workweek basis (3-4 days/week). The compensation will be up to 350 EUR based on a full-time contract (36-hour).
- In principle, the internship will take place in the office in The Hague, however, due to the current situation with COVID-19, working from home will also form a considerable part of the internship. Online communication via Teams or other channels will take place at regular intervals and colleagues are easily accessible.
- To apply, please submit your CV and a motivation letter before 28/03/2021. Online interviews will be planned on April 1st via MS Teams.
- Motivation letter should be max. 500 words and answer the following questions:
- Why do you think that an impact investor needs to communicate through their website and social media? How would you help us with this?
- Who would you like to interview and why?
- How can your personal skills and experiences be applied to this role?
- Applications can be submitted to Muriëlle van Leeuwen – Derks ([email protected]), citing “Application internship communication & content creation”
- For questions about the vacancy, do not hesitate to contact Muriëlle van Leeuwen – Derks.