Cordaid is looking for a
Security & Justice Expert
Security & Justice is one of Cordaid’s thematic areas. Cordaid is strategically positioned to work both with formal and informal justice and security providers, as well as with institutions and organisations representing security and justice seekers. Cordaid was the first organisation to introduce Result-based financing (RBF) for security, justice and governance. This has proven to be successful in promoting effective, accountable and inclusive institutions, which in turn lead to better security and justice provision to local communities.
What you do
As an Expert on Security & Justice you support strategic development, provide technical assistance to programs, initiate and facilitate action research, and you’re playing an active role in knowledge development and sharing at local and international level.
Your work will be within the Security & Justice thematic areas, and focus on hands-on programmatic interventions as well as on targeted lobby & advocacy. You will work with experts in other areas, program managers and country teams and develop proposals for institutional donors. Product and service development, representation in relevant networks and research efforts are integral part of your work.
Who you are?
- You hold a Master’s degree in (International) Law, Political -, or Social Sciences or equivalent master
- You have 5-7 years’ experience of working in fragile countries in Africa and/or Asia.
- You are able and willing to travel frequently.
- You have social and communication skills to create networks, ensure coordination, and to stimulate cooperation among colleagues and partners.
- You have excellent writing skills and experience in developing project proposals and training programs, as well as in setting-up research and presenting its findings and developing new products and services.
- Knowledge of French and English (fluent).
What we offer
- Support for your personal and professional development
- Good employment conditions
- A maximum gross monthly salary up to € 4,857 based on a 36-hour working week and depending on relevant years of experience
- A holiday allowance of 8% and an end of year allowance of 8,3%
- A position for 32 hours initially for one year, with the possibility of extension
If you are interested in this position and you meet all requirements, please send in your CV and motivation letter to Barbara Mensink, Senior HR Advisor before March 31, 2018 using the ‘Apply’-button above.
For more information regarding the position, you can contact Hetty Burgman, director Security & Justice ([email protected]).
An assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
For more information about Cordaid, please visit our website: www.cordaid.org.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.