For the Cordaid Country office in Iraq, Erbil, Cordaid is looking for a Programme Director
Cordaid as member of the Caritas Network works closely with national Caritas Iraq and Syria, and other international NGO’s, present in the country. Since 2014, Cordaid is also an active member of the Dutch Relief Alliance (DRA) where 13 INGOs and Dutch INGOs jointly implement a humanitarian response programme in Iraq and Syria. Cordaid programme in Iraq and Syria combines WASH, Shelter, NFIs, CBI, health, livelihood and recovery activities as an approach to increase resilience and as a way to effectively promote ‘Linking Relief, Rehabilitation and Development’ (LRRD) in humanitarian crises.
Position and responsibility
The Program Director will be supervised by the Country Director in Iraq and reports directly to him.
The Program Director has a senior position and is responsible for cross-cutting programmatic information management. He or she oversees program assessments, monitoring and evaluation and ensures that information is used to improve ongoing projects and is incorporated into consistently high-quality grant proposals and reports. She or he is responsible for making policies, systems and people are working together in a coordinated manner, with the aim of having coherent and comprehensive program design and implementation.
General objective of the posting
The general objective is to ensure the accountability of Cordaid’s program towards the humanitarian needs in Iraq and to the donors. The Program Director is expected to contribute to the quality of the complete Cordaid program implementation in Iraq, financed by different donors. He or she ensures that Cordaid projects contribute significantly to meeting immediate humanitarian needs. The aim is to transition from relief to longer-term rebuilding and recovery and building secure productive and just communities.
- Programming strategy & development;
- Program implementation & coordination;
- Program monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning;
- Fundraising, grant proposals writing & reporting processes;
- Program staff management and capacity building;
- Donor liaison, partnerships and representation;
- Deputise the country director when required.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in program management, leadership and design in countries of conflict or post-conflict;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managing complex emergency operations, including 2 years at country senior management level and at least 2 years in the Middle East;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in proposal development, budget development, program implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Proven experience in effectively coordinating with national governments, international and national NGO partners and a variety of working with and coordinating with a variety of donors including ECHO, MADAD, MOFA, UN and EU;
- Preferably previous successful experience with Cordaid or a member of Dutch Relief Alliance;
- Fluency in spoken and written English required;
- Arabic language skills would be an asset.
Specifics of station
This is a non-accompanied posting. The Programme Director will be based in Erbil.
The contract period is for 12 months starting as soon as possible, with the intention to extend for a longer period. We offer a Cordaid contract with a competitive salary and a benefit package which includes R&R, a comprehensive insurance cover, social security and pension contribution, a holiday allowance, 13th month, hardship allowance and cost of living allowance (if applicable).
Further information & how to apply
Applications including a motivation letter and extensive CV in English, including the contact details of at least three professional references, should be forwarded on attn. of mr. Habib Rajeh before 24 March 2018.
Please note that we accept applications through this website only.