Every person counts, especially when it comes to healthcare. Universal health coverage is not merely a dream, but a sustainable development goal to be achieved in 2030. As one of the leading civil society organisations in the Netherlands, Cordaid stands for knowledge-, opportunities- and talent-sharing globally: between doctors and health experts, and between hospitals and policymakers. We specialize in health systems strengthening with a specific focus on sexual and reproductive health and rights. We are a pioneer in performance-based financing approaches to healthcare.
The Global Health, Global Access (GHGA) advocacy programme (2019-2021) aims to strengthen Dutch political support for global health for vulnerable populations in developing countries, including enhanced investments in the global health financing mechanisms: Global Financing Facility (GFF), Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance, and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria (GFATM). The program furthermore aims to generate public awareness, stimulate partnerships and influence policies in order to improve the quality of health systems and services. The overarching goal of this project is to help ensure long, healthy lives and well-being for all – in line with the targets of SDG 3.
To support the Global Health, Global Access (GHGA) advocacy programme, Cordaid is looking for a
Health Lobby & Advocacy Officer
who contributes to the implementation of
the programme activities during the period September 1, 2019 to August 31,
2021. The position is part of the GHGA core team and reports to the GHGA
What you do
Key duties and responsibilities
- Operationalise and further develop / adapt where needed, the advocacy strategy taking into consideration the political context
- Advise the core team on meaningful engagement with key actors and institutions
- Advocate directly with sector leaders, influencers, media and government officials
- Develop advocacy tools, including but not limited to policy briefs, advocacy briefings and communication materials for policy change
- Contribute to the content creation of communication materials (written materials, video productions, etc.)
- Create, organise and participate in advocacy and policy activities including expert meetings, debates, campaigns, external partner management and participation in policy and advocacy networks
- Participate in the project core team meetings and monitoring actions points for follow-up
- Support the collection and analysis of project results, and capture means of verification
- Support the development of the link between the project results and M&E framework and Cordaid’s overall M&E system
- Monitor and report on results
Who you are
You are a L&A professional with a broad understanding of and experience in global health advocacy, who likes working with CSOs and government, and has a good understanding of the Dutch political context.
- Experience with designing, planning, implementing and monitoring global health lobbying and advocacy strategie
- Experience with designing, planning, implementing and monitoring public information campaigns
- Extensive network and understanding of the political and policy environment in the Netherlands and the main global health fora
- Experience in developing, managing and implementing projects
- Strong analytical, writing and verbal skills for communicating with a diverse audience, including internally and external high-level stakeholders.
- Ability to use L&A skills to increase awareness of development issues and build political/financial support for development goals
- Fluent in Dutch and English, French is of added value
What we offer
Cordaid is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors, including a comprehensive insurance cover, social security and pension contribution, holiday allowance and 13th month. The salary range for this position is set in scale 11 with a gross monthly salary range between € 3.469 up to € 5.014 based on 36 hours per week. We offer an employment contract for preferably 36 hours per week for the project duration.
The position is subject to awarding of the project by the donor.
Applications including a motivation letter and CV in English, including the contact details of references at the last two employers can be uploaded through our website.
Your application must be received on 23 August latest.
Applicants must be nationals of an European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union and reside currently in The Netherlands.
An integrity screening will be part of this application procedure.
For more information about Cordaid, please visit our website: www.cordaid.org
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.