Internship (EN/FR bilingual proficiency)
Civil Society Platform for Peacebuilding and Statebuilding (CSPPS)
Terms of Reference
The Civil Society Platform for Peacebuilding and Statebuilding (CSPPS) is a global network of civil society organisations supporting peacebuilding efforts in fragile & conflict-affected settings. CSPPS’ main focus lies on supporting local peacebuilders and civil society organisations in their efforts to contribute to the realisation of more peaceful, just and inclusive societies along the lines of SDG16+ within the 2030 Agenda. CSPPS represents the civil society constituency of the International Dialogueon Peacebuilding and Statebuilding (IDPS).
Since 2012, Cordaid coordinates and hosts the CSPPS Secretariat. This position supports the Secretariat’s Coordinator and other staff in their duties for the CSPPS Secretariat. This highly dynamic position involves three main series of tasks, namely (1) sustaining the internal functioning of the Platform, (2) helping to organise key CSPPS meetings in 2021, and (3) assisting in information dissemination and digital outreach.
The position is based at the Cordaid office in The Hague, The Netherlands, and you will be reporting directly to the CSPPS Secretariat Coordinator.
At CSPPS, we want our interns to not only support the work of the Secretariat, but also to contribute in a meaningful way, both for the intern’s own career path as well as for the scope of work of the Platform. This is why we offer our interns the opportunity to take the lead – under the CSPPS Secretariat staff’s supervision and guidance – on two key initiatives during their internship. In terms of further responsibilities, please see detailed tasks below:
I. Sustain the internal functioning of the Platform
- In coordination with CSPPS Secretariat colleagues, conduct consultations and meetings with members and other civil society stakeholders
- Develop draft briefing papers, event reports, position papers, statements, etc.
- Support and process requests from current members by contributing to the assessment of their project proposals
- Support and process requests from aspiring members by following up on their applications
- Provide English/French translations services as needed (i.e. translation of documents/reports and provision of live translation during CSPPS meetings)
- Prepare summary reports following virtual CSPPS Executive Committee and Core Group meetings
- Follow up on and process updated CSPPS Country Information Sheets (CIS)
II. Help organise key CSPPS meetings in 2021
- Provide support and, where applicable, take the lead on logistical requirements to deliver key CSPPS meetings in 2021 (invitation letters, follow-up, report writing, visas, flights, accommodation, etc.)
III. Assist in information dissemination and digital outreach
- In coordination with the CSPPS Secretariat, update and translate the content of the CSPPS website and link it to other social medial channel updates
- Help prepare draft communications [website news items, articles, and reports] and translate these
- Help spread communication and dissemination efforts of the CSPPS Secretariat and CSPPS membership within the realm of the IDPS constituency
- Help manage and prepare ‘Peace Corner Podcast’ episodes
- Suggest input for CSPPS social media channels’ feeds
Criteria for applicants
- This position is open to students currently enrolled in a Master’s degree (preferably in a field relevant to this position: International Relations, Development Studies, Crisis and SecurityManagement, etc.)
- Applicants are required to be able to work in the EU, and fulfil administrative requirements for employment in the Netherlands [BSN number]
- Applicants are invited to work part time from the CSPPS/Cordaid Office when COVID-19 restrictions allow this
- Essential to be fully bilingual in English and French
- Excellent writing, drafting, organisational, and information management skills
- Strong ability to manage and respond to multiple requests in a timely manner coming from a vibrant and dynamic network
- Ability to work in a (small) team setting
- Familiarity with peacebuilding and conflict prevention issues is preferred
Type of contract: internship up to 6 months, starting in July 2021. The contract will be signed and prepared by Cordaid – host of the CSPPS Secretariat.
Number of working hours per week: 32 hours (4 days/week).
Compensation: approx. 350 euros per month.
Application deadline is Thursday 10 June 2021.