Cordaid believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for a just and sustainable society where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion divide societies, we connect people and communities. We stand for professionalism, expertise and solidarity across borders. We make a difference where it is most needed.
Cordaid is looking for a
Communications & Marketing Intern
(3 - 6 months, based in The Hague)
The Communications & Marketing Intern is primarily responsible for supporting the country directors implementing the communications policy, strategy and guidelines.
- Ensure compliance of marketing / communication activities and documentation with Cordaid communication strategy ;
- Develop key promotional messages as well as brochure / leaflets concept notes in consultation with the project team / communication advisor at headquarters;
- Support the countries in filling the country web pages;
- Assist in consulting awareness raising campaigns, events, information dissemination workshops if required in the countries;
- Write up track records on the basis of existing program material;
- Support the Cordaid corporate journalist to collect inputs from the country offices for dissemination on corporate website and social media;
- Suggest recommendations on varied issues related to marketing and communication at country level.
- You are following a degree in HBO Communication or Marketing (3rd year)
- You have affinity with development cooperation work
- You are open-minded and show understanding to work with Cordaid partners and collaborators abroad
- You are creative and have learning ability
- You are a team worker
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of the French language is a plus
What we offer
- A place where you can learn a lot and gain experience
- An internship contract for at least 20 hours a week
- A pleasant working atmosphere with interesting and involved colleagues.
- The opportunity to learn a lot about the practice of international cooperation.
- A mentor with who you can discuss regularly to learn, exchange and improve.
If you are interested in this position and you meet all the requirements, please send in your application before 15 December 2017 with the ‘’apply’’ button.