POSITION INTERN ON COMMUNICATION AT CORDAID
FOR THE STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM
Function : Intern Communication
Education : HBO
Location: The Hague
Days per week: 3 or 4
Stage duration: 5-6 months
Work experience : none
Internship allowance : In consultation with Cordaid
Reply before: 26-01-2018
Contact: [email protected]
The Strategic Partnership program aims to empower people in fragile countries through lobby and advocacy. The program started in 2016 and already achieving some interesting results. However, so far we have not shared our approaches, lessons and results and only produced formal reports to the donor.
Internally in Cordaid, both at Head Office and Country Offices, there is a need to promote the SP program in order to improve collaboration and synergy with colleagues from other programs, but also to use the experiences for new projects or interventions.
To a larger audience we want show what we are doing and achieving. We believe that the way we work with Theories of Change and specific approaches for working in fragile contexts, like the barometer, is innovative and worth sharing with other organizations. Furthermore, by presenting our experiences we invite feedback for improving our work.
In all, there is a clear need to document and communicate our work. We are looking for an intern who can produce communication material from the content provided by the program staff.
- Prepare a quarterly SP newsletter
- Edit success stories based on interesting results mentioned in reporting (interview involved staff)
- Develop promotional leaflets on key SP topics in consultation with the project team
- Work with marketing and funding department on social media
- Suggest recommendations on varied issues related to communication
- Student or recently graduated in marketing and communication, preferably with experience in development aid.
- Proficiency in English and preferably also French (at least written understanding)
- Creative writing skills
- Team worker and culturally sensitive
- Experience with redacting texts
- Experience with the use of social media
What do we offer
A place where you can learn a lot and gain experience.
An internship contract for at least 20 hours a week.
A pleasant working atmosphere with interesting and involved colleagues.
The opportunity to learn a lot about the practice of international cooperation.
A mentor with who you can discuss regularly to learn, exchange and improve.