Program manager Humanitarian Aid
(32 hours, based in The Hague)
The Humanitarian Unit aims to fulfill Cordaid’s humanitarian mandate to save lives and livelihoods of people in need of humanitarian assistance. Cordaid provides needs-based humanitarian assistance to people affected by natural or man-made disasters and with particular attention to the most vulnerable people. We build the capacities of local organizations to prepare and respond timely, effectively and appropriately to unfolding hazards and disaster. We reinforce and complement the local capacities that exist and partner with other international organizations to obtain maximum impact (scope, scale, and speed) with high quality interventions that meet the international principles and standards for humanitarian aid. We promote emergency aid activities with resilient recovery as an effective approach to increase resilience & sustainable impact and as a way to promote ‘Linking Relief, Rehabilitation and Development’ (LRRD) in humanitarian crises.
The program manager humanitarian aid is in charge of the management of programs and related donor contracts in CAR, Burundi and DRC. You are in charge of the management of the contract including the content of the program and the relationship with the donor. You monitor and evaluate progress in the projects and make adjustments where required. You direct and support field staff and partners to achieve program results. Together with team members both in HQ as well as in the field you develop strategic plans for the countries/region you are responsible for. Together with the Humanitarian aid experts you work on innovative new programs and products. The program manager reports to the unit manager.
- You have in depth knowledge of emergency aid and disaster response on an academic level.
- You have at least 5 years post-qualification professional experience in humanitarian aid;
- You have experience with managing and being part of humanitarian consortia
- You have strong program management skills. You can manage complex program with different partners over several countries. You have a hands-on approach.
- You have extensive experience with design, start up and development of emergency interventions
- You have proven experience with successfully attracting and managing funds of donors like ECHO, Dutch Relief Fund, SHO. Knowledge of their policies and regulations.
- You have social/communication skills to acquire, network, manage relationships and to cooperate with international parties
- You speak excellent French and English
- You have an entrepreneurial personality with an eye for innovation.
- You are willing and able to travel on a regular base and do short/medium term field missions.
What we offer
- a responsible position in a professional organization;
- a varied role where initiative is encouraged;
- a global organization with a focus on social entrepreneurship;
- good working conditions;
- a gross monthly salary of € 3360, - up to € 4857, - based on a 36-hour week, depending on years of relevant experience;
- a position for 1 year with the possibility of extension, starting as soon as possible.
If you are interested in this position and you meet all the requirements, please send in your application before 20th of February with the ‘’apply’’ button above. An e-assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
For more information about Cordaid visit our website: www.cordaid.org
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated